Wednesday 23 April 2014

Ender's Game


I was really putting off watching this film for the simple fact that I expected it to be no different than the brainless explosion-after-explosion kind of Hollywood movie. I was very much surprised to find that I enjoyed this movie a lot. The visuals are great especially with the big atmosphere soundtracks. I love watching child actors who seem much much smarter than their years. 

I wasn't familiar with the novel from which this film was adapted. But the film does hint at more thought provoking points such as genocide, child soldiers and the morality of war. Though I would enjoy a sequel, the film reminds me a lot of "The Golden Compass" situation. The film could have done a lot better in the box office if it was given better marketing. Being that the novel was written in 1985, it didn't exactly pick up Twilight or Hunger Games fan fare. It is still a good watch though. 

Pink eye rating:



No comments:

Post a Comment