Tuesday 22 April 2014

The Necessary Death of Charlie Countryman


Welcome Frederik Bond to the world of Hollywood films. As a big fan of Frederik Bond whose works I greatly reference for my own commercials, his first transition from the advertising world to the big screen isn't that bad. I think I'm quite partial since I've looked up to him since he is responsible for the great ads of this century. In the advertising world, he is a legend. 

A dark love story with not much depth. This film is a visual and audio treat. With a smashing techno soundtrack that makes me bleed coupled with the use of colored flares and lights, the effect is dizzying and beautiful. I feel like I'm punch drunk watching the whole film. And I love it. Set in a seedy but beautiful underworld of Bucharest ( not Budapest ), Charlie finds himself in love with a dangerous woman. With a psycho boyfriend, played by none other than Mads Mikkelsen, Charlie fights for love and for his life. Beautiful to look at, there's really nothing much else to it. I think I pretty much revealed everything in the last two sentences above. But gosh darn is it stylish.

Pink eye rating:



No comments:

Post a Comment